Holland Reynolds, High School Cross-Country Runner, Crawls Passed Finish Line


Holland Reynolds, a junior high school cross-country runner in California, collapsed just feet away from the finish line at the state cross country championship. She finished the race by crawling passed the finish line, securing the state championship for her team.
"By the 2 1/2 mile mark I really didn't feel as great as I should have," Reynolds said. "My leg started to feel really, really heavy. I was going to try and get right up behind the girl in first place, but I felt like I couldn't run fast anymore."
The team celebrated the victory in the back of the ambulance Reynolds was in. Scroll down to watch the dramatic
Read More: Holland Reynolds, High School Cross-Country Runner, Crawls Passed Finish Line
Share/Bookmark