Grammy nominations 2011: Justin Bieber 'shellshocked' by Best New Artist, Best Pop Album nods

Justin Bieber was so shocked by his first Grammy nomination that he was literally lost for words, but only briefly.

The 16-year-singer was nominated for Best New Artist and Best Pop Vocal Album for "My World 2.0" during the "Grammy Nominations Concert Live!!" Wednesday night.
How does it feel to be a Grammy nominee?" host LL Cool J asked the Canadian pop star, who wore a black leather jacket and a matching cap as he spoke via satellite from London where he is currently on tour.
"It feels amazing, I can't believe I'm in this position, I want to thank all my fans, I want to thank the, um, the board...I don't know what to say," he said with a smile.
The rapper then asked what Bieber was doing up so late, which left the singer staring awkwardly but then suddenly smiling when he realized it was a joke.
You're a superstar now," LL Cool J said. "How does it feel?"
Bieber bit his lip and looked uncertain.
"It feels good?" he said before gathering his thoughts. "I don't think of myself as a superstar but just a regular person living my dream, you know?"
The Bieb later performed "Favorite Girl" and, after the show, took to Twitter to explain why he was so reticent during his interview with LL Cool J.
"Ok kinda shellshock. Well not kinda...totally shellshock," he wrote. "Don't even remember what I said. #HOLYCRAP"
Bieber then posted a video, which showed him reacting wildly moments after being told he was nominated for Best New Artis
Read more: Grammy nominations 2011: Justin Bieber 'shellshocked' by Best New Artist, Best Pop Album nods
Share/Bookmark